Buy copyright free artwork

Caragiale Caricature

Saturday, August 20, 2011

There was a guy from Romania who contacted me as a representative of Romanian Cartoonists Association. He asked whether I wanted to contribute to a book featuring caricatures of Ion Luca Caragiale - a Romanian playwright, short story writer and poet. Well, I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to practice and improve my caricature drawing skills. So I made a couple of Caragiale caricatures:

Ion Luca Caragiale, caricature 1
This caricature is drawn using my favorite cross-hatching technique

Caragiale, photo 1
Reference photo 1


Caragiale caricature 2
This caricature was drawn with my favorite drawing tool - a Pentel pocket brush.

Ion Luca Caragiale, photo 2
Reference photo 2

Related posts:
Lady Gaga caricature
Barrack Obama caricature

*****

Post a Comment

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2010-2014

Back to TOP